- My mind started feeling slow. My little brother Wiltr0n kicks my ass in solving the Rubiks cube now.
- I started misspelling words. I used to be great at spelling! (Nod to my spelling brutha Hen)
- I struggled with words when I was explaining things. "uhh... what was that word again?... oh yea, potato"
- I forgot a LOT of important engineering things. My co-worker used to ask me mechanical questions involving basic laws and theory and I would have to dig so long and deep just to be wrong. Please tear my diploma in half, thank you.
Me 2.0 Challenges:
- Become fluent in Cantonese/Mandarin: Now I know what you're thinking.. "Over-ambitious!" "won't last a month!" "buffoon!" (see, I just spelled it baffoon thx spell check). I think I have a good foundation from high school, and there's plenty of non-Asian guys that become fluent in a few years like this man. or this guy:
How?: Write a Chinese e-mail a few times a week to my parents and relatives (this is a double win!). Watch a Chinese movie every week. Start watching a TV series. Spend some time every day reading news headlines (using FireFox's translater plugin)
- Learn how to Juggle: Why? Always wanted to learn, and supposedly helps your brain
- Grade 8 Violin: I love playing the violin, but I haven't pushed myself to progress after college. I've neglected it for a while, but I've been playing again recently and it's like meditation for me. Haha, I've taken the exam before for Grade 2 back when I was a kid. I want to be good enough to pass the Grade 8 exam! I want to do this so that I'll be more qualified to teach.
How?: I'm going to keep up with Wiltr0n's progress for a while, then start learning songs off of the Royal School of Music Syllabus
- 75% Free Throws: Why? same with Juggling. My hand-eye coordination is pretty horrible and I want to work at it. If some preacher can shoot 2,000 in a row. I'm pretty sure I can get up to 75%.
- Write Left-Handed: Just in case I lose my right hand haha. :) Or so that I can be awesome like Demetri Martin
- Do 20 pullups: I've had this goal for so long! I went up to 15! but now I'm at 10 again. -_-
- Swim 1 Mile: For health and to work on my willpower (my biggest flaw).
- Ongoing Study: Review Math, Engineering. Read about Investments, Real Estate. Keep up with current Events. Internet makes this a cinch!