Tuesday, January 05, 2010

My Greatest Fear


What are you most scared of? I never really had an answer.  Death? Cancer? Ghosts?  Not really.  They aren't my greatest fears.  I have some fears, like going down a steep slope snowboarding, trying to jump over something tall, public speaking, ...... women? hahaha

But this winter I realized what really shakes me up are: PIMPs

No, it's not what you think.  PIMP is an acronym for People In My Peripheral.

This is a story of the U-PIMP (U stands for Unexpected).  Just a couple of days ago, I was sitting in the passenger seat with two of my cousins when all of a sudden I sensed a presence at the window next to me.  I completely flipped out! Blood-curdling scream with my arms and legs flapping.  It was a complete involuntary action and I my mind pretty much blanked out until after my scream.  I looked at the window and it was my other cousin holding my camera that I left behind.  The guys in the car were laughing like what the hell was that?! When I told him that I was for real and not faking it.  They just died laughing.  This was seriously the purest of fear that I can possibly experience, and it wasn't the first time.

Another time I remember was the case of the I-PIMP (Imaginary Person In My Peripheral).  This was even more crazier than last time, but there was only one witness.  I was waiting with Gary in his car when I saw a dark figure right next to the window from the corner of my eye.  AHHHHHHH!!!!!!  pure fear in my expression.  When I come to, I realize its just a shadow of the tree next to us.  Gary was like.... Dude. what the f was that? Hilarity ensues.

I got problems.

So, let's make this an interactive post shall we?  What are some of your fears, and do you remember the time you've been most scared?

Thanks!

3 comments:

Cora L. said...

God, the last time I was scared was when I watched one of my friends fall asleep at the wheel, in another car behind me (through my rear view mirror). THat was probably the scariest moment of my life.

But, like you, I too freak out with U-PIMPs and I-PIMPs. I have yet to belt out a BLOOD CURDLING scream yet though LOL

AtenZ said...

YAY! That was me! :D

Fishy said...

Your interactive post had the least amount of comments :P

I guess I was scared, but it wasn't one of those heart wrenching scares, but one of those, reaction scares, where I screamed at the top of my lungs. But it was when a rat ran by next to my foot.