1. Xiao's wedding
Wow. This was the first wedding I've been to without my family, and it was so beautiful. I remember driving up the windy road through the vineyard hills and seeing the building appear ahead. Wow. The word Tuscany came to mind. I didn't even remember what Tuscany was at the time! But now that I googled it, I totally agree with what my subconscious blurted out. I wish I took a picture coming down the road, but here's a close up shot i took.
http://www.dannyphotostudio.com) took a much better picture (snagged from fb)
2. Leeme's Wedding
I was stoked for this wedding because a bunch of my closest friends were going too. Originally my brother and I were supposed to play as a duet during the ceremony, but plans were changed. Oh well, maybe next time! (taking reservations from friends, will play for food haha). This wedding was also at a vineyard, so it was also very classy. Hors d' oeuvres and open bar, what more can I say? We all knew it was gonna be a kickass time, and everyone looked smashing in their get-ups (I heard someone was gonna come in jeans?).
- The Decor: It was really nice inside the banquet room. The lit flowery walls were a very nice touch, and it just made me feel classy. The running slideshow was really touching, back-in-the-day pics are awesome!
- Father-Daughter dance: Man, I don't see myself as someone who'd cry at a wedding. Maybe it was too much champagne? too much other misc. drinks? But when Leeme and her dad started dancing, it hit me like a ton of bricks. Tears started pooling up in my eyes, and I had to look away to compose myself. I'm feeling it a little even right now godamn! I think it was the look papa Luong had in his eyes, pure joy and pride. wah wah wah moving on.
- Food: Leeme did a great job planning her wedding, and the dinner was delicious. Family style, what a great idea! Steak, Fish, mash potatoes, pasta, she sure knows what a man likes to eat. Then there were tacos, sliders, and candy afterwards. She's a genius.
- Shenanigans: I know from past weddings that the dance floor is always slow to start. Not this time! Readers listen, if you wanna have a poppin' wedding, you have to invite a guy named Hiep Dang. Best part was watching him groovin' with the mature ladies haha, I bet it was the time of their life!
- More Shenanigans: We were definitely the younger rowdier bunch. The Mike! chants, the Lee-ME! chants, the Isn't She Lovely crooning (i think it happened like 3 times, I know theres a video out there somewhere). Hilarious times.
- The After After Party: we all know what went down. Smell my breath?
Thanks for the invite buddy, I had a blast!
(thanks Hen for the pics)