Monday, November 30, 2009

Fatigue and Flu

Oysters at Pt. Reyes on Saturday

This day was probably what got me sick. Sleeping at 4AM and waking up at 10 to go Oyster eating.  It was refreshing to wake up at a normal hour! The drive to the Oyster place was pretty twisty, I was so lucky they let me sit in the front.  I had very little motion sickness this time (phew!).  The Oysters were delicious and cheap! 50 bucks for 50 oysters nom.  It was pretty fun learning how to shuck! It was even better eating the oysters that you shuck, so gratifying.  My sauce of choice is lime with Tabasco sauce.

(left) The guys chillin; (right)Cherry's Butter Cheese Onion Oyster concoction

When we made the drive back, there were like 10 Miatas that suddenly showed up behind us! Made me want to take my car out on those roads one day.

Henry's Thanksgiving
On the drive back, Gary and I were talking about Henry's fried wontons.  His parents make them every year and they are damned good!  Henry's Turkey was amazingly moist and tender, I would have ate more! But unfortunately, towards the end, I was completely fatigued.  I wanted to sleep so bad, and their deliciuos vietnamese Iced coffee had no effect on me.  I should have went home to sleep, but everyone was down to hangout and I couldn't miss out on the fun!

We went back to Henry's place and played a bunch of Halo, and Buzz.  Alex and Kevin also brought their MMA gloves and.. we all partook in an activity which, due to the 1st 2 rules, I can't talk about it :)

By the time I got to sleep, it was like 3 o clock.  I woke up extremely groggy at 3 o clock the next afternoon! I thought it was just because I was so sleep deprived, so I went jogging with Gary to refresh myself and get rid of the Holiday Body haha.  WRONG.  Once I got home, I was so fatigued I plopped onto my bed and slept another 3 hours.  I totally have some kinda flu now.

1 comment:

Cora L. said...

Awh, maybe the sickness is due to fatigue (weakened immune system) and the cold weather? I'm so jealous that you guys went to the Oyster Farm! I love that place, the mussels are good too... ohmg... so jealous... I do the lemon and tobasco, but I don't think I've ever done the lime